The OPAL™ 690Q computerized sewing machine is extra-efficient with loads of built-in assistance to change the way you sew for the better! Let your Husqvarna Viking® OPAL™ sewing machine focus on delivering the best results while you relax and focus on the joy of sewing!
- The unique EXCLUSIVE SENSOR SYSTEM™ technology automatically and continuously senses and adjusts as you sew any thickness of fabric for perfect even feeding.
- Start/Stop Button – begin and stop sewing without the use of the foot control. Great for sewing rows of decorative stitches, buttonholes, sewing on buttons and winding bobbins.
- The Automatic Thread Cutter is a true time-saver. It cuts the top and bobbin thread automatically.
- The TouchScreen is easy to navigate and shows all your settings.
- The Electronic Self-Adjusting Thread Tension sets the best tension automatically for all your sewing techniques and fabrics.
- The Exclusive SEWING ADVISOR® feature optimizes your sewing with automatic settings.
- 3 LED lights reduce shadows while sewing.
- The Built-in Needle Threader makes threading so easy.
- The Sew On Button Program means buttons are attached easily by machine!
- Thanks to the Bobbin Thread Sensor, the machine stops sewing and alerts you when the bobbin thread is about to run out.
- The generous 8" (200 mm) sewing surface and long arm makes it easy to sew large projects.
- A large number of beautiful stitches for endless creative opportunities including 7 mm stitch width.
Our warranty terms and conditions are set out below:
The benefits given to you in this Standard Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under State and Federal legislation. Husqvarna Viking products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian and New Zealand Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to the 2 years, Husqvarna Viking Standard warranty on parts during three more years provided you register your warranty online at www.husqvarnaviking-australia.com.au
This means a warranty of:
Five (5) years on mechanical parts
Five (5) years on electronic parts
Two (2) years on labour
- Person entitled to Warranty Coverage
This warranty is made only to the original purchaser who acquires this product for his or her own normal, personal family or household use from an authorised Husqvarna Viking dealer.
2. Countries where the Warranty is Applicable
The product may receive warranty service in the country where it was purchased.
3. Parts and Conditions not covered by Warranty
Needles, light bulbs, belts, knives, needle plates, needle threaders and loopers are not covered by this warranty. Nor does this warranty cover conditions unrelated to the material or the workmanship of the product.
Such unrelated conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Damage caused by current or voltage other than stamped on the name plate of the product or abnormal electric conditions (i.e. electrical storms);
- Damage resulting from the failure to provide annual maintenance.
- Failure to follow Husqvarna Viking's instruction for use of the product;
- Any defects or damage caused by service or alteration by anyone other than Husqvarna Viking or an authorised Husqvarna Viking retailer.
- Any defect or damage caused by use of not original accessories or parts
- Any accidents to, or misuse of any parts of the products
4. Husqvarna Viking Obligation Under Extended Warranty
During the first (5) years after the date of purchase, both warranty mechanical and warranty electronic parts will be provided free of charge. Labour will be undertaken free of charge during the first (2) years after the date of purchase. Any item which is replaced will not be returned to the purchaser and becomes the property of Husqvarna Viking. The cost of home calls, insurance and to and from the place of service and freight to and from the place is not covered.
N.B. All transportation costs which are required because of service will be the responsibility of the purchaser. Damage caused in transit will NOT be covered by the warranty. Retain the original packaging to protect your machine during transportation.
5. Commercial Limited Warranty
Products used commercially are warranty for six (6) months only parts and labour - excluding belts, hooks, light bulbs, needles, needle plates, knives and loopers. No further warranty applies to Husqvarna Viking products used commercially.
6. Procedure to Obtain Performance of Extended Warranty
To obtain the benefits of this Extended Warranty, the product or part believed defective must be delivered during the period that is warranty is in effect, to the authorised Husqvarna Viking dealer from whom it was purchased. If after the time of purchase the owner moves to another state in Australia she/he may contact Husqvarna Viking in order to locate a nearby dealer authorised to provide warranty service.
The defective product or part delivered for warranty service must be accompanied by this Extended Warranty card bearing the name of the authorised Husqvarna Viking dealer and proof of date of purchase (a charge or credit receipt or bill of sale).
All shipping/delivery charges incurred in the delivery of items for performance of warranty service and in picking up items after warranty service has been completed must be paid by the purchaser.
Limitations on Relief - In no events shall Husqvarna Viking be liable to incidental or consequential damages. Any implied warranty including the warranty of merchantability and fitness for any purchase is limited to the duration of this limited warranty.
Husqvarna Viking does not authorise any person, distributor or dealer to create any warranty, obligation or liability other than that contained herein.