EM9305 180x100mm Metal Hoop
Works with EM9305 Makes hooping easier on larger, continuous designs.
How the Endless Hoop Works
The Endless Hoop differs from standard embroidery hoops in that the inner hoop and outer hoop are connected together on one side with a hinge. A lever at the front is used to raise and lower the inner hoop so you can move the fabric and stabilizer into position for the next repeat of the border being stitched. A straight edge on the hoop’s right side serves as a guide for aligning the right side edge of the fabric. When an endless design is finished stitching, the inner hoop is raised, the fabric and stabilizer are moved into new position, and the inner hoop is lowered again to resume embroidery.
Updating the Machine for Endless Hoop
Before you can use the Endless Hoop, you must first update the machine so it will “recognize” the Endless Hoop. Once the machine has been updated, this hoop will be added to the Hoop List on your embroidery machine’s screen, shown as 180 x 100E (“E” for Endless). To download the update, log in to your account at https://singer.mysewnet.com, then go to DOWNLOADS in the main menu. Instructions for updating the machine can be found there.
How to Embroider Endless Designs
Hooping the Fabric
1. Make sure the edge of the fabric to be embroidered has neat, straight edge so that it will line up easily along the guide (A) at the right.
2. Move the lever (B) to the left and down to raise/lift the inner hoop (C). This opens the hoop so you can place the fabric and stabilizer in between the outer hoop and the inner hoop.
3. Position the edge of the fabric so that it lays straight along the guide (A) to ensure that your designs are straight/parallel to the fabric edge.
4. Move the lever (B) up and to the right to lower the inner hoop. It will snap in place to close the hoop. The fabric should be taut in the hoop for best results.
Embroidering an Endless Design
1. Select and embroider the desired endless design. The design finishes with a connection point (E) indicating where to begin stitching the next repeat of the design.
2. Use the “+” button (on the machine’s LCD screen) to move forward one stitch. The hoop moves to the start position of the next design repeat.
3. Move the lever (B) to the left and down to open the hoop. Move the fabric and stabilizer so the needle is exactly at the connection point (E) with the fabric edge straight/parallel to guide (A).
4. Move the lever (B) up and to the right until it snaps in place to close the hoop (C).
5. Once again, check to ensure that needle is right above the connection point.
6. Embroider the endless design. Repeat the steps listed above until your endless border has the desired number of repeats.
Part #: P8208930-96