Singer Gathering Foot
The Gathering Foot is used to form soft gathers in fabric. You can gather a singer layer of fabric, or you can join a gathered fabric to a second, flat fabric, or you can join a gathered fabric to a second, flat fabric simultaneously. The Gathering Foot works best with softer, lightweight fabrics. For gathering light to medium fabrics, a ruffler attachment is recommended.
- Remove the presser foot holder and attach the gathering foot.
- Place fabric to be gathered under the presser foot. Sew a row of stitching. The stitches will automatically cause the fabric to gather.
- Adjust the upper thread tension dial to achieve the amount of fullness desired. Less tension will result in softer gathers, more tension will result in fuller gathers.
- The stitch length dial can also be used to adjust fullness. The longer the stitch length setting is, the more fullness that is achieved in the gathers.
Gather and attach fabric in one step
- Look closely at the gathering foot to see a slot on the bottom. When using the slot, you can gather the bottom layer of the fabric while attaching it to a flat top layer, such as the waistband on a dress bodice.
- Remove the presser foot holder and attach gathering foot.
- Place the fabric to be gathered with right side up under the foot.
- Place top layer of the fabric right side down in the slot.
Singer: Tradition (2250, 2282, 2273, 2268), Simple (3221, 3223, 3210, 3229, 3232) Start 1306, Talent (3323, 3321), Heavy Duty (4411, 4423, 4432), Cosplay CP6355M, Futura ( XL400, XL550, XL580, CE-350, CE-250, CE150), Confidence (7470, 7463, 7465, 7469), Promise (1412, 1409, 1408), 160, One, One Plus, Heritage 8768, Quantum Stylist 9960, Stylist 9100, Curvy (8770, 8763), Brilliance (6199, 6180, 6160), 1108, 1507, SE300 Legacy, Starlet (6660, 6680, 6699) and Fashion Mate (7256, 7140, 3333, 3337).